Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Every Mistress Has her day!!




Yes every mistress has her day!  What does being named the "Mistress of Soul" mean to me?  Hah why did I think you'd want to know? To me, there are many definitions of a woman; Queen, Princess, Mistress, Wife, Mother, Daughter, etc.... The term mistress to some may have a negative connatation but none of that applies here.  In the context of Soul music, I believe it takes on a whole new meaning.  I am by far the "Queen of  Soul"  or even the "Princess of  Soul" although I'm definitely bringing you some soulful music...my music has its day and now is the time!!! Seriously, though, what you've heard so far is only the beginning of my journey into the depths of Soulful R&B and the voice you hear today is a direct result of my musical journey.  I started singing in church and then with a Motown Revue and even fronted a Blues/Rock/Funk band and so much more.  The flavors/textures and sounds of each of those styles is blended in my being if you will.... I'm not Aretha or Chaka or Anita or Pattie...Those legends are who they are and I love them for the beautiful music they have shared with all of us ... There was a time when I wanted to be them and sound like them,,,but,,,It took some time to realize.., I am Jayna and I have my own voice and I too bring Confidence, Independence, Creativity, Edginess, and Elegance to the table .... I'm in my own lane.... "The Mistress of  Soul"



Visit My Website:  http://jaynablackwell.webs.com/ 
Listen Like and Share this music!!  https://www.reverbnation.com/jaynablackwell
Follow Me on Twitter/SC/IG/FB   @Jaynasings2
ASCAP: #4274530Take My Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6SDTGMX

1 comment: