Thursday, January 26, 2017

That's My Song...Fah Real!!





Have you ever heard someone say..."That's My Song" when talking about a hot track or one of their favorite songs?  Or that feeling you get as a singer/songwriter when you hear people singing the lyrics of "Your song"? ...Baby...that is a feeling like none other...I remember One time I walked into a club in Stockton (I'll never forget this night) and I was greeted by of group of people at a table... they said..."There she is that's Jayna Blackwell and then they began singing "That's My Song"  It blew me away.  The best thing about that moment was not only did they know all of the words but they were from a Radio station.... Spear-headed by Sacramento's very Own Lady Jazz 'The Queen of KLJN Radio. They were the first station to play it and hugely responsible for it's popularity in Northern California. Now that we have inked a single deal for this track and as we are literally making plans for a National Campaign I am reminded of how this whole thing came about...

We wanted to give people something that would make you say those words when you hear it... like, Ooooh DJ that's my song...LOL.... Funny thing during the writing process...Ken'yaun called me and said "...I have the name of the song"... "That's My Song"   I was like, I know, I love the song too, but what's the name of it...We went back and forth for a minute until I figured out he was actually telling me the name of the song and...it was if a light bulb went off in my head....Yes, that's it.

This track was written and produced by Kenneth Christian AKA Ken'Yaun of Currency Kingz Entertainment. Ken'Yaun as a writer/producer can be VERY determined when it comes to what he wants to hear and even the first attempt at this track was scratched. Check out the video above (the mixing session of the song) we finally got smiles, so we knew we were on the right track. We even got Luigi (the engineer and proprietor) of Legacy Studio in El Cerrito to bob his head and give it his sign of approval...LOL

The single also features Ken'Yaun and is from my first EP :Soulful R&B Experience".  We hope you enjoy it...Peace and Blessings People!!

Visit My Website:  http://jaynablackwell.webs.com/ 
Listen Like and Share this music!!  https://www.reverbnation.com/jaynablackwell
Follow Me on Twitter/SC/IG/FB   @Jaynasings2
ASCAP: #4274530Take My Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6SDTGMX

No comments:

Post a Comment