Sunday, February 5, 2017

Hold Up Wait a Minute - The Magic Carpet Ride has begun





Today is Superbowl Sunday 2017 and although most of you are preparing to watch the game and having parties, I am working....doing now what I have to do to get what I want later...perhaps, but nevertheless, I'm working putting together ideas and puzzle pieces for a series of  events centered around a big announcement that I've been trying to hold back from leaking too much information about.  If you know me then you know holding back exciting news is hard for your girl, but everything has its time and place. Just like The Carter's strategic announcement of their twin expectancy and the Beehive's fantabulous (yes, that;s a word...I think) Superbowl performance and media blitz of 2016, my news may not quite compare but, the fact that this is happening to me at this time in my life is astronomical.

Anyway, Like you may already know, I have supported many SF/Bay Area artists in their rise to local and even national stardom; by singing background or ghost vocals, helping promote and support their performances and even assisting with negotiating contracts.  As I'm typing, I'm remembering times I've taken a financial loss and even took the stage pregnant and sick with the flu all in the name of music and showbiz. Those closest to me would often ask why are you doing this...My answer, it makes me tick, I love it, and If the shoe were on the other foot, I know they would do it for me...I have done what I can to show my love to my musical friends and colleagues throughout my career.  I am proud of my unselfish stance on supporting the Bay Area's music scene (especially Oakland) and promoting the bay along this journey.  As I prepare myself to transition to another platform, I will continue to do my part in supporting my friends and the Bay as much as I can, simply because that is what's in my heart to do....But I digress...

Just like many artists that I can name, I've performed on stages I've dreamed about, I've been honored with a few awards and I've met and even worked with some people I consider famous and had some songs played on the radio.  While those things are great additions to my resume, the biggest thing this music has given me is the lifelong friendships with those I've met along the way and the memories we've created and shared.  My family, my friends and fans all over the world (never thought I would be able to say that) are a huge part of why I do what I do... So, if you are with me, climb aboard, hold on cause this magic carpet ride is headed to "some places".

Thank you for your continued love and support...

Visit My Website:  http://jaynablackwell.webs.com/ 
Listen Like and Share this music!!  https://www.reverbnation.com/jaynablackwell
Follow Me on Twitter/SC/IG/FB   @Jaynasings2
ASCAP: #4274530

No comments:

Post a Comment