Thursday, February 9, 2017

It Feels So Good - My Mind Won't Let Go (That Good Good)



Ok, yeah, I know..."What is she thinking" you might ask, well, get your mind out of the gutter, cuz it's not that (at least not right now, but it is raining...LOL...anyway). Last night as I was talking over some future plans for events and what not with my team, It dawned on me, that some of my goals are actually at my fingertips and things I used to secretly hope for are on the horizon.  "Are you "really" Ready for this" are the words I remember asking myself before I passed out with my laptop on my bed. Well, my initial off the cuff answer was, yes, of course I am, I mean I've been at this for a long time, and I have my to do list and I'm checking things off the list daily and I'm Ready. But, today, I chose to look at myself in the mirror and yell every negative thing about myself I've heard people say..."She too this or she's too that...Who does she think she is...Why does she think she's different...blah, blah blah" ...And as the tears started to form, I told myself that is what I need to prepare myself for... You see, I have accepted myself, my art, my image, my heart... And most of all, my Voice, for what it is...There is a reason for all of this... So, me and the woman in the mirror had a "light bulb" moment and I can honestly say...:It Feels Good" Even though my mind won't let go of those things, "that" is the Good-good, it is what pushes me to do it, it's my motivation. You see me holding that mic with my eyes closed, that feeling, is the good-good, the fact that I can stand before an audience and sing in my own voice, on my own terms in my own lane is the GOOD GOOD..

I just spoke with a friend I haven't seen in quite a few years and he said something I thought was profound coming from him..."I am proud of you"  I asked why and he said  "Because you are finally walking in your purpose"... "Remember all those times I said you should sing Jayna?"...and now look at you"...That my friends blew me away, because that is what I feel as well...anyway, dry your weepy eyes, put your hand on your hip and let your back bone slip (you know the rest...LOL)... In the words of one of my dearest friends... "Rock Yo Lyfe!!"

Thank you for your love and support!!


Visit My Website:  http://jaynablackwell.webs.com/ Listen Like and Share this music!!  https://www.reverbnation.com/jaynablackwell
Follow Me on Twitter/SC/IG/FB   @Jaynasings2
ASCAP: #4274530




No comments:

Post a Comment