Monday, February 6, 2017

I just Gotta Be Me - No Crystal Stair


I was raised in church.  For most of my childhood, my life revolved around school, chores and church. With church came singing and the choir is where I spent most of my days.  So, a lot of my childhood memories have to do with church in some kind of way.  I remember my pastor saying once you make your mind up, the enemy goes to work on ya. It stuck with me, but I never fully understood it until I decided to become a Professional Singer/Recording Artist.

I remember once I was hanging out with friends at a karaoke club (back in the day) and after I sang I overheard someone say she's a "Big Girl" She's way too tall"... I learned later that person was an A&R rep for a very well known label.... So, of course the comments stuck in my head and when I started auditioning they would find themselves on repeat in my mind and are part of the reason for my late bloom (if you will) in the industry.  However, That thing we call "purpose" and "destiny" kept putting me in these places and opportunities were all around me..and so, one day (after some serious prayer) I stepped out on faith and went for it... Realizing, there are things I can't change, some I needed to work on, and well, I simply live and love to sing.  The most exciting thing about performing for me, is soundcheck; as the drummer is getting that right sound, it's the boom, boom, boom that gets my adrenaline racing, and at that moment I'm ready!!

My journey to reaching my goals in music has not been without its share of challenges!! If there was a movie made I'm sure it would be called something like "The Little Engine That Could" Cuz BABY believe me when I tell you I'm climbing that hill...I almost ran out of steam but I'm still pushing. For those that remain true and in my corner I truly appreciate you and as sure as there is breath in my body I promise to remain true to you. If you know me know me then you already know what it is...couldn't do it without you...seriously though

Thank you for your continued love and support...

Visit My Website:  http://jaynablackwell.webs.com/ Listen Like and Share this music!!  https://www.reverbnation.com/jaynablackwell
Follow Me on Twitter/SC/IG/FB   @Jaynasings2
ASCAP: #4274530

No comments:

Post a Comment