Thursday, February 2, 2017

Got Me in My Feelings - The Very First Time I



Got Me in My Feelings - The Very First Time I.... Fronted my own band was with Thrilltrain. Fronting a band was for me a dream come true. But. with everything else in my life at the time, It did not come easy.  Let's see, I started out singing professionally singing background and then I found myself without a gig one NYE (which was rare) and I decided to do a little soul searching; making a list of what I wanted to do musically and so I forced myself to post an ad on Craigslist... "Soulful RnB Vocalist seeking"  I answered a few responses and booked auditions.  I was soooo excited.

My first audition did not go well, I was prepared, I thought I looked the part, I was READY...But, I was denied an opportunity to even sing and was told I did not have the right "look" ...So, my ego and I went home.  Even though I had another audition booked the following day, I made up an excuse and cancelled.  The following week, I got an email..."Hey Soulful R&B singer, we are meeting on Tuesday if you wanting to come on out...so I went in...and well "Thrilltrain was formed"


The guys of Thrilltrain; Emby, Mike, Dave, Eric and Dan had me singing some of everything. They gave me a chance and I eagerly welcomed the opportunity to learn.  My experiences with Thrilltrain gave me the confidence to be "Jayna" on stage...I developed my voice and my own lane....I will never forget those times...The clubs, the bars, the weddings, the birthday parties, the rehearsals....through pregnancy, fatigue, issues and even the flu...they were all great memories,,,Hah even when I thought I totally messed up, they always supported and encouraged me...I found us on an old site... http://bookaband.com/band/Thrilltrain

Wow...humble beginnings... My take aways are work on your craft ( we had a steady rehearsal night once a week whether we had a gig or not) try it you just might like it...and most importantly let's have some fun...LOL


Visit My Website:  http://jaynablackwell.webs.com/ 
Listen Like and Share this music!!  https://www.reverbnation.com/jaynablackwell
Follow Me on Twitter/SC/IG/FB   @Jaynasings2
ASCAP: #4274530

No comments:

Post a Comment